The "NoInfo" Additional Info mode in Detail View of Dolphin

Harsh J qwertymaniac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:22:46 GMT 2010

Hello kfm-devel!

I like seeing my files as a linear list, which is perfectly what
Details View does (with other *optional* columns) and I love keeping
it in that way. However, I don't really require the use of some of the
columns presented in the details view by default - Size and Date.

Turning these off in a Dolphin instance is easy, one just has to
r-click the column and be done with it via a checkbox in the context
menu - But this does not seem to persist for the 'Size' AND 'Date'.

Removing either one seems to work fine, but removing both seems to
trigger the NoInfo type which is handled at line 331 of
dolphin/src/viewproperties.cpp to re-add Size and Date options.

Shouldn't NoInfo be just No-Info?

Minor gripe perhaps, I can live with this but I like just Names on my
details (list) view and a real working NoInfo would be nice to have.
Attached is a patch to remove the same check, but as its comments
state - it must be there for some purpose. Is it okay to remove this
check and re-add though? If not I shall live with a local patch ;-)

Thank you for the great File Manager - Dolphin!
--
Harsh J (harshj on KDE)
www.harshj.com