Dolphin and UDS_EXTRA

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Apr 29 13:19:14 BST 2010

Hi Georg,

On Thursday 29 April 2010 13:10:59 Georg Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
> I've written a KIOSlave for KDE 3.5 with the possibility to show some extra
> attributes with UDS_EXTRA. I was using Konqueror under KDE 3.5 and it
> worked pretty well. Yesterday I moved on to KDE 4.3 and began to rewrite
> the KIOSlave. But it seems like the feature of showing extra attributes
> with UDS_EXTRA is missing in Dolphin (I can implement those attributes but
> Dolphin won't show me). Are you going to reimplement this one for a next
> version of KDE or did I missed something?

Generally we try to fix regressions in comparison to KDE 3.

Regarding the "show some extra attributes with UDS_EXTRA": Do you mean that
Konqueror in KDE 3 has shown this extra information as additional column in a
kind of details view? Which view mode did you use in KDE 3? Or has this
information been shown in the properties dialog of a file? What is the name of
your KIOSlave in KDE 3.5?

Sorry for so many questions, but I really don't know what you miss ;-)

Thanks,
Peter