Dolphin and UDS_EXTRA

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Apr 29 14:15:08 BST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 14:41:42 Georg Friedrich wrote:
[...]
> > Regarding the "show some extra attributes with UDS_EXTRA": Do you mean
> > that
> > Konqueror in KDE 3 has shown this extra information as additional
> > column in a
> > kind of details view?
>
> Exactly. But it was a bit buggy, because I had to disable or add some
> column to refresh the view. And after that the extra column was shown.

I'm not very familiar with the KDE 3 code at that time. Currently KDirModel in
kdelibs defines the number of available columns
(http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kio/kdirmodel.h?view=log).
Currently there is no generic approach, which allows to add custom columns...

I'm wondering though, that you could _add _columns in KDE 3 by a
KIOSlave.Which custom columns are shown in your case? But well: I did not
write a custom KIOSlave yet, so it might be that I miss something fundamental
here...