2009 introspective

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 6 20:56:27 BST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Robert Knight wrote:
> > I'm putting together a "where are we now, where are we going" snapshot of
> > as many of the "big pieces" in KDE 4 as possible
>
> Apologies if you answered this already and I missed it - Is this
> intended to be only about the libraries that make up KDE or a general
> picture of where KDE as a desktop is and where it is going?

libraries, applications, desktop shell, .. the whole thing.

> Is this something you will be pitching at developers or users?

it's for "us" the developers; the idea is to increase the visibility of what
each of us are doing while also getting people to think a bit about what they
are doing in the process.

which is why i am using the term "introspective"

> Great though our code might be, I do think that when asked about
> achievements and goals the answer is too much about the code
> and 'shiny stuff under the bonnet for developers' and not enough about
> what the user can see and will see.

i agree; this is a different topic altogether however.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se