Google Summer of Code; File size based folder view

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:02:11 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm certainly not qualified to answer any GSoC related questions, I just want
to point out that SpaceMonger seems to have some overlap with Konqueror's
"File Size View" and with Filelight, which used to be available as a KPart in
Konqueror 3.x (it's being ported to KDE 4 now, I think). Maybe it's better to
join forces with these projects than to start something from scratch ;-)

File Size View and Filelight are only available as KParts in Konqueror though,
not in Dolphin, and implementing something like this in Dolphin would require
a major code change, I think.

Best regards
Frank