dolphin zoom

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at poczta.fm
Wed Feb 4 15:45:47 GMT 2009

On Friday 30 of January 2009 17:42:58 Nuno Pinheiro wrote:

> Side note by the rate a things are going the intire oxygen icons directory
> will become somthing like 500 mb in size. (already thinking on cleaning the
> source files were we can svage somthing like 20 mb)

Hmm, why do you keep prepared .pngs in source tree tarballs and SVN anyway?
I guess they could be generated on-the-fly (using imagemagick or similar tool)
in installation procedure somewhere in cmake buildsystem.
Some option could be added whether include 256x256 generation as well (as it
may increase disk space requirements for users)
And whole generation could be governed by some cmake option to avoid being
regenerated in every "make install" invocation.
For distribution packagers (like myself) it's no difference provided some
working autogeneration mechanism is provided (they usually workaround it
otherwise) and for KDE developers using working copy - it would of course
result in little maintenance cost:
- ensure that regenerating is enabled when some workspace/pics/ contents is
changed and I want to see what's changed regarding icons
- make install
- disable regenerating when not wanted/I don't care

As a side note - the rule of "precalculate everything" may work better with
games development when speed is primary factor, not necessarily here.

--
regards
MM