the most hated konqueror bug - "flash movies sometimes render white with Flash Player 10 rc"

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 7 18:33:59 GMT 2009

> On Saturday 07 February 2009, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
>> I saw you added handling of NPNserviceManager, any reason? The other
>> changes to nsplugin.cpp look like nice defensive programming, though.
>
> I was beginning to add the rest of the functionality that nsviewer from
> kmplayer had, but stopped when I got to the JsObjects.

I have (or had) much of that implemented, actually. I still should have a
patch around somewhere, and there should be a version in the archives of
the list (along with some helpful review comments from Koos). The reason
it never went in was... it made flash crash. It may be easier to deploy it
now, though, since there are OSS plugins supporting npruntime now, so one
could get rid of some bugs sanely. To elaborate though, it didn't come
close to supporting full generality of it --- doing it out-of-process
would be ultra-hard, especially since IIRC DBus doesn't permit the
back-and-forth calls exception DCOP had..