PATCH: Entering the same url in Konqueror's location bar...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 19:11:09 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 19:15:45 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 05 November 2009, Dawit A. wrote:
> > +    // If the current url in the view is the same as the one being
> >  displayed +    // simply do a reload instead of calling openUrl...
>
> I'm against this.
> It's a very convenient feature that Enter in the location bar doesn't do
> a reload. Think of pages which you can "post" to, and which you can
> also just open directly. If you reload, it will (offer to) re-post the
>  data. If you press Enter, it will load the page without using post data.

I had already abondened this patch since it does not completely fix the problem
at all. As far as how pressing enter again and again should behave, I have no
preference. I just do not want the backward history navigation not to be
screwed up ;)

> Admittedly I don't know what other browsers do, but I really like the
> current behavior.

Not sure about this either since you cannot tell from the behavior of the
applications.

> If the bug is duplication in the history list, I think it should be fixed
>  at the level of the history list (I assume this is about the back/forward
>  history, not the 500-last-visited-pages history).

Yes, and I did attempt to fix it at that level but my changes caused other
problems. I will probably revisit the issue once I have the time for it.
Unlike the previous attempt to fix the problem, this is actually the only level
where the problem can be solved without side effects...