PATCH: Entering the same url in Konqueror's location bar...

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 00:15:45 GMT 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009, Dawit A. wrote:
> +    // If the current url in the view is the same as the one being
>  displayed +    // simply do a reload instead of calling openUrl...

I'm against this.
It's a very convenient feature that Enter in the location bar doesn't do
a reload. Think of pages which you can "post" to, and which you can
also just open directly. If you reload, it will (offer to) re-post the data.
If you press Enter, it will load the page without using post data.

Admittedly I don't know what other browsers do, but I really like the
current behavior.

If the bug is duplication in the history list, I think it should be fixed at
the level of the history list (I assume this is about the back/forward
history, not the 500-last-visited-pages history).