Fwd: Press enquiry "the web and its evolution"

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 28 22:29:26 BST 2009

Is someone interested in replying to these questions?

Subject: Press enquiry
Date: Friday 28 August 2009
From: Stefano Crepaz <crepaz.stefano at gmail.com>
To: faure at kde.org

Sir,

At the moment I'm in my final year of high school and I'm preparing for my
final exams (Swiss maturité).  I've chosen to work on "The WEB and its
evolution".

Not long ago, I heard about the 20th anniversary of its invention by Tim
Berners-Lee and, living in Geneva, I decided to explore the future of the
WEB which at present is in version 2.0.  In order to do this, I would like
to interview all the major players in the IT field of which Konqueror is one
of the leaders.

This is why I'm writing to you in the hope of receiving some assistance for
what is truly key for the success of my work.

Could you help me to answer the following questions.

Are Konqueror engineers working on a new version of the WEB?

-If so, is it a priority for Konqueror?
-If not, can you give the reason?
-If this is the case, did they start from the beginning with a totally new
protocol or did they continue to build on Mr Berners-Lee's bases?

In your opinion, will the 2.0 version of the WEB still continue to exist for
several years?

I very much look forward to hearing from you and I thank you in advance for
your help.

Best regards

Stefano Crepaz