Download notifications with konqueror

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Sun Jul 27 14:23:13 BST 2008

Hi there,
I'm searching for a way of being notified when a download finishes with
konqueror. I didn't really understand the way konqueror download files,
here's my current guess :
- by default, uses KIO to copy the file
- if using KGet, tell KGet to download the file
either way, it looks like konqueror launches the download and just
forgets about it. My aim is to record into nepomuk the source url of
every downloaded file. KGet already has nepomuk integration, so I'm more
interested in the KIO part. Ideally I'd like to be notified when a KIO
(launched by konqueror) finishes.
Do you have any idea on the question ?

Best regards
Adrien Bustany