Introduction + Dolphin architecture questions

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Thu Jul 10 15:30:27 BST 2008

Hi,
first of all hello everyone since it's my first message on this list.
I'm working on the integration between Nepomuk and the various KDE tools.
Dolphin currently has Nepomuk embedded in its side panel, for tags and
comments. It's actually a widget, with its code in Dolphin's source
tree. What would be nice is to have Dolphin load its side panel items
from shared libs, i.e. to make it handle plugins. It'd be easier to
maintain, and would make adding new items to the sidebar easier.
Is this feature planned for one day ?

Cheers
Adrien Bustany