Contact for XEmbed work

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Jan 12 22:20:22 GMT 2008

Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started has howtos on
> checking out from SVN and building of 3.5. If you're fine with installing
> over your distribution binaries, it should be just something like:
>
>  svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs
>  svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdebase
>  cd kdelibs
>  make -f Makefile.cvs
>  ./configure --enable-debug  (might need proper --prefix as well)
>  make
>  make install
>  cd ../kdebase
>  make -f Makefile.cvs
>  ./configure --enable-debug  (might need proper --prefix as well)
>  cd nsplugins
>  make
>  make install
>
>  The kdelibs part could be also made even faster by running make install only
> in kdeui/ and before that doing make only in libltdl/, dcop/, kdecore/,
> kdeui/ . If your distribution has already shipped some KDE update for the
> Flash problems, you can simply use that kdelibs version and skip building it
> altogether, only a small fix there is needed and it shouldn't be relevant
> otherwise.
>
>  Also note kdebase/nsplugins/HOWTO.DEBUG .

I found some time to work on this. On a reasonably fresh Ubuntu 7.10
VMware image, I compiled the SVN snapshots of kdelibs and kdebase. I can
run Konqueror but I can't get it to see the Flash plugin. I remember
that Konqueror has to be told to register a new plugin. However, all the
Konqueror settings dialogs are blank.

Do I need to running a full KDE desktop for Konqueror to work?

--
	-Mike Melanson