noob - search box - malformed URL - seeking directions, please

Tallowwood e.microcorys at gmx.net
Sun Apr 6 23:47:42 BST 2008

paste the address
(http://www.google.com/search?q=\{@}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)
ie. instead of:
www.google.com.au/search?q=\{@}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Thanks miro, so much to do and learn, thank you !!

Problem description: NOOBs get used to automatic insertion of protocol
prefix at location line. The are likely to forget that it is needed in the
search box strings.
Lesson learned: In the Konq :/ (name unknown) thing: "string must commence
with protocol prefix, ie. http:// "
Result: I can now begin to construct some 'special purpose search'
locations, beauty mate!
My Kong :/ box now says Google AU and calls
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=\{@}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) [note the .au]
all good

Many thanks to list for allowing me to seek your help with such a simple
matter. Seems I looked but did not see. Silly, Silly, Silly me.

Thanks to all who build and maintain the Konqueror, from a keen and happy
user.
I dedicate that merit share that's due, of all good work I do, to you!

Tallowwood