Dolphin icon not set when manually launching

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sun Nov 4 17:04:39 GMT 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Sunday, 4. November 2007 17:39, Stefan Monov wrote:
> Here's a patch, but eventually KApplication will have to be fixed to simply
> take .desktop files into account.
> Currently okular uses the same workaround.

Thanks for the patch! I'm not sure whether fixing KApplication is the right
solution, but until this happens please commit this workaround. Maybe someone
who is more familiar with KApplication than myself can comment on this...

One minor nitpicking note: could you please replace the lines

   /*the .desktop file is not taken into account when launching manually, so
    set the icon precautionally: */

by

   // the .desktop file is not taken into account when launching manually, so
   // set the icon precautionally:

thanks :-)

> Unrelated idea: how about changing the red-folder "Root" item in the Places
> sidebar to a "Filesystem" item with a harddrive icon? Filesystem sounds
> friendlier, plus the red folder isn't in harmony with the overall look of
> the window.

Maybe Kevin (see CC) can give his opinion on this, as it is related to the
KFilePlacesView (as I'm working with the "Root" item since  1 1/2 years, my
opinion is not objective anymore...).

Bye!
Peter