Swfdec/Konqi integration

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Thu May 3 02:01:53 BST 2007

> Hi,
>
> I'm the Swfdec developer. In recent times people have come to me
> wondering why the swfdec-mozilla plugin doesn't work in Konqueror. All
> I could say was "I have no clue, it should just work."

Two reasons, from looking at plugin.c:
1) It requires XEmbed embedding, which we don't support at the moment, but
may in the later releases. (We support a somewhat older version of the
plugin ABI, which uses Xt for embedding)

2) It incorporates a bogus Gtk2 check, likely from the Mozilla example.
Even if/when we support XEmbed version of the plugin spec, we will near
certainly not claim to be using a toolkit we're not using.

BTW, the download link for the plugin is broken...