Swfdec/Konqi integration

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed May 2 21:39:03 BST 2007

On 2-May-07, at 3:47 PM, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm the Swfdec developer. In recent times people have come to me
> wondering why the swfdec-mozilla plugin doesn't work in Konqueror. All
> I could say was "I have no clue, it should just work."
>
> My knowledge about Browser plugins is just enough to make Swfdec work
> in Mozilla-based browsers and certainly doesn't extend to Konqueror,
> but as I said: It should just work.
>
> Has anybody of you guys had a look at it recently or could I make you?

   I wrote a swfdec KPart years ago but swfdec really didn't do much
so it wasn't all that useful.  If that's changed, kswfdec might be
useful again.

    Beyond that, it's probably some quirk in the nsplugin host or a
missing library dependency.  At least those are the usual culprits.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/