Writing an interactive KJS debugger...

seemanta at gmail.com seemanta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:46:02 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

This is a repost from my earlier post to kde-devel.
I was suggested to re-post this to kfm-devel for better
response.

Well, I am planning to write a GPL'ed KJS debugger which will be based on
the existing Debugger() class provided with KJS source.

Actually our organisation already uses KJS for our linux based
embedded system. This idea is to enable us to debug the KJS code
without relying too much on println() statements. ;-)

>From the existing implementation of KJS Debugger() class, I can see
that normal debugger operations like breakpoints, attach, detach etc
are possible. I have a feeling that a full fledged debugger can be
made to work.

The documentation for debugger.cpp says that the interfaces are still
not finalised and are subject to changes.

So I was just wondering if there are other people who already have
successfully tried writing a KJS debugger so that I can avoid
re-inventing the wheel ;-) Or if not, useful insights would
help me a lot.

Thanks in Advance,
Seemanta

--