Problem with KIO::http_post

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 08:49:39 BST 2007

On Saturday 14 July 2007 19:44:07 Christian Weilbach wrote:
> We have got another new problem with kxmlrpcclient in kblog which also
> depends on http_post. We cannot send more than one POST in a one kio slave
> process. The second post has a content-length of 0 and therefore throws an
> error.

This is a known issue which recently came up at kde-core-devel as well.
Having so many apps depend on it should be a great incentive to fix it :-)
If Antonio's patch works, he should send it to kde-c-d as well for review. The
code in questions seems to be very ancient though. From what I can see,
having data at that point can either be the result of a second POST, or of a
forced authentication. Maybe there's some initialisation missing for that
sort of distinction.

Josef