Dolphin with tabs

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Fri Jul 6 16:41:38 BST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, K N wrote:
> Am I missing something with konqueror, because it appears konqueror doesn't
> have the same features that dolphin has such as its tagging system and
> split panel view. Also the crumb browsing is something missing from
> konqueror as well.
>
> One last question, has it been determined yet that tabs are useless for
> filemanagers? if so what are the reasons given for it being uselss?

I can't see what they are good for.  Doesn't mean they aren't good for
something, but I think it is best for those who are in the know to tell us
what good they really are.

You can't drag and drop between tabs, right?  You *can* drag and drop between
two instances of dolphin, yes?  So what does tabs allow you to do in a file
browser that multiple instances don't?

Adam