Dolphin with tabs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 6 16:04:46 BST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, K N wrote:
>     I have talked with several individuals some which say tabs should be
> allowed. Others are saying that tabs shouldn't be allowed. I think the best
> compromise and solution to making everyone happy is to make a setting for
> tabs and by default the tab feature is disabled keeping dolphin simple.
> Then if the user wants a more advanced feature like tabs, the user simple
> enables it.

i don't know.. the solution to every question of difference is not "make it an
option!"

there are such things as "design decisions". the question here is: what is the
benefit of tabs in a file manager? what is the use case target for dolpin? do
the two answers there overlap?

imho, no.

konqueror is there for file management with tabs. keep dolphin simple. 0.02

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se