Konqueror and dynamic loading / deleting of css

Neill Jones neilljones at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 18:41:43 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I hope this is the right list - I have been given this one to ask this
question.

I am developing a web site where we dynamically add to the document using
AJAX (as is the trend nowadays :-) ). Part of the code that is loaded
contains
links to css specifically related to that new component only. On
receiving the
code, I extract the css links and add them to the head of the document since
to the W3C.

All the browsers I have tried this on (Konqueror, Firefox, IE6, Opera
and Epiphany)
all successfully render the code with the css applied.

If the component is replaced with a different one, its css is removed
from the
document and the css applying to the new component is added to the head
instead. The css is removed using removeChild after finding the css link
by its id.

This works fine on all the browsers except Konqueror which continues to
apply the css from the first component as well as the css from the new one.
It is as though Konqueror removes the link but doesn't also remove the
css rules applied.

Is there a workaround to this? Or is this a problem with Konqueror and if
so does anyone know if there is already a bug already filed related to
it, and
if not, where I should raise the bug?

Thanks for any help, pointers, in advance :-)

Regards

Neill Jones