Gnash in Konqueror

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Mon Feb 26 22:26:36 GMT 2007

jos poortvliet wrote:

> I also added the konqi developer mailinglist. This should get you and your
> team up-to-speed, getting gnash properly integrated in konqueror. I'm pretty
> sure these guys can answer all questions you can throw at them!

   Thank you! Unfortunately, none of the Gnash team are GUI hackers at
all. The existing KDE support was donated, I rewrote it, but it's lagged
behind the GTK GUI pretty badly due to lack of attention. Gnash does run
under Konqueror OK, but the menus aren't up to date with the rest of
Gnash, etc... We'd love to see the KDE support in as good shape as the
GTK support. Because we use GTK on the OLPC and under GPE for
OpenEmbedded, it's been getting the most attention.

   Just to answer the question everyone asks, as of a few weeks ago
embedded Flash video works in Gnash, and streaming video is working in
CVS. We're tracking down the last of the obscure issues with the YouTube
Flash movie player so that should be working very soon now. Gnash also
runs on 64 bit systems, so KDE users can now have a Flash plugin on
those platforms as well.

	- rob -