KHTMLPart doesn't behave as Konqueror

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 29 16:32:11 BST 2007

<snip>

> When I use the KHTMLPart standalone (in my application), the
> HTML form is rendered correctly, however after clicking the submit
> button a HTTP _GET_ request is send out..
>
> Has anybody an idea what the reason could be?

When submitting a form, KHTMLPart emits the openURLRequest signal,
just like in case the user click a link. One of the arguments there is the
URLArgs, which includes the boolean doPost():
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kparts/browserextension.h?v=3.5-branch#110

I guess your apps is not honoring that.

> Is there a way to see the source code which is generated by the
> JavaScript? DOM::Document.toString() only returns the '<script>'
> tags but not the generated html.

I imagine innerHTML on the root element is what you want... But I really
don't get why this doesn't work (or why we have a toString method in the
first place..)