Share/sync bookmarks and cookies between Konqueror and Firefox?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sat Oct 14 08:07:52 BST 2006

Hello,

I am looking for a way to continuously share as keep in sync, as
smoothly as possible, all user data between konqueror and firefox:
bookmarks and cookies in the first place, but it would be great to do
the same with passwords, form data and history.

In other words, I'd like to know if there is any way to make Konqueror
and Firefox use the *same* bookmark and cookie files, so that the two
browsers are always configured (from this point of view) in the same
way without manually importing and exporting stuff every other day.

Personally, I'd like a lot something like this to switch back and
forth between the two browsers, to compare performances and learn as
much as possible about both, without re-entering manually any data.

In general, such a possibility could also be very useful to help and
stimulate unexperienced users, who maybe started using FOSS with
Firefox on Windows, to move to Konqueror/Kde once they have the chance
to run a Gnu/Linux desktop.

How can this be done? Is it possible to do it _without_ hacking the
source code, that is only using symlinks, configuration/environment
variables, Perl or other scripts (manually or by cron) which convert
from one format to another, etc...

Also: is there any plan with Mozilla/Firefox to ever move to one
common format for all these data?

TIA,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73