Suggestion for Konquerer developers and delivering "stripped" releases

Tim Ri tim-ri at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 10 13:48:42 GMT 2006

My apologies if this mail appears twice, I tried to send it this morning, but
it did not make it to the list, apparently.

On Thursday 09 November 2006 22:36, Philipp Hülsdunk wrote:
> Try to created a concept on a paper first; [...] If I write software I do
> this, My programms then do not crash.

Hi Philipp,

For projects as big as KDE this does not seem a realistic approach, and even
then: Mistakes will be made, crashes will occur. The thing I _think_ "OnThe
Road" was hinting at is: How to get the most out of a crash situation? Let
Dr. Konqi send the backtrace to some central repository, for example? The KDE
team might (I really do not know) have a use for such empirical data.
Amarok already handles crashes in very much the same way: It creates an email
with backtrace etc, that you can send to them. It would be interesting to
hear from the Amarok team about their experiences with it.

Have a nice day,

Tim

PS: My apologies for my English, I seem to have left my language skills at the
door/watercooler today.