Enhancing Konqueror

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Mar 18 16:46:58 GMT 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 14:57, Christian Mueller wrote:
> That doesn't makes this feature request completely useless.
> I have two use cases from my own recent use where it would have been
> useful to have.
>
> [...]

Another one: at work I have to log in to the support website for one of our
suppliers, and depending on where I want to go I have to use one of three
user names.

> Of course, it would add to the code and UI complexity of Konqi and KWallet.
> I haven't posted a feature request because I don't think it's a too common
> requirement.

Firefox handles it very nicely, by filling in the last used, and remembering
the others. If you start typing you get a completion popup and if you select
one of the other entries it uses the password for that entry.

So from a GUI point of view it doesn't add much complexity, but code-wise it's
of course a lot more work.

--
Martijn