Enhancing Konqueror

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat Mar 18 13:57:22 GMT 2006

Am Samstag, 18. März 2006 14:16 schrieb Henry Miller:
> On Saturday 18 March 2006 06:35, Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
>
> > > Use KWallet. The only thing missing is auto-submit of forms.
> >
> > And this is exactly the "submit" feature that is missing. Also I don't
> > know if Kwallet manages 2+ passwords per form (ie: the wife's
> > password, the husband's password, etc...) the way Opera does.
>
> KDE only runs on multi-user systems.    This is likely to continue in the
> future (Both Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX support multiple users, just that
> few people use that ability).

That doesn't makes this feature request completely useless.
I have two use cases from my own recent use where it would have been
useful to have.

- I only have one user account on my personal machine.
  Yet I have to log into my DSL provider's login area as two different
  persons because I also manage my father's DSL account (who doesn't
  have or need an account on my personal machine as he lives in a
  different city).  Creating one just to store his password would
  be overkill and even if I did it would be inconvenient.

- At work, I'd like to try out logins into web pages as several
  different users who have different configurations / privileges,
  for test purposes.  Using separate Linux accounts for them is not
  manageable.

Of course, it would add to the code and UI complexity of Konqi and KWallet.
I haven't posted a feature request because I don't think it's a too common
requirement.

Christian.