making fallback access keys configurable

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 3 13:18:51 GMT 2006

I'm not sure I understand the overall goals here, but as one of the
original authors of the AccessX functionality, I'd like to offer the
suggestion that things such as this should be passed by the domain
experts (e.g., occupational therapists and actual users of the
technology) before being decided.

For example, things like the shift key were chosen because of their
size and location on the keyboard (and later became useful because
of their global availability across multiple styles of keyboards,
including laptops).

As for who can provide this domain expertise, I'd suggest Mark
Novak, who is another author of the AccessX functionality and one who
is well in-tune with the OT side of things.  The end conclusion might
be the same, but at least we will be comforted that the decision
was made with the blessing of the domain experts.

Will