kdom and khtml integration

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 20:30:48 GMT 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 00:21, Rob Buis wrote:
>  We've now reached a state where we
> actually need integration of at least ksvg & khtml to support fancy
> things like CDF (ie. xhtml in svg or the other way round).

Excellent. I think pretty much everything has been addressed here so let
me just add comments about one particular point:

> 5. Merge in a subset of kcanvas into khtml/rendering.

Trolltech has a working copy of a new canvas (QGraphicsView) that will
be a part of 4.2 release. It's pretty impressive and with its clear
model/view separation it would be rather simple to intergrate it. At
this point I'm wondering what benefits does KCanvas offer that
offloading maintaining of this chunk to Trolltech wouldn't offset.

Zack

--
There is no such thing as good luck. There is only misfortune and its
occasional absence.