mmb on dvi-file opens it in new konqueror instance

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jun 14 09:07:33 BST 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 19:08, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Though I've explicitly set the mime-type application/x-dvi to "open in extra
> window", as of KDE 3.5.3 when I mmb-click on some link in a webpage pointing
> to a dvi-file, a new konqueror-instance(!) is opened which embeds the
> kdvi-part.
>
> This seems utterly wrong. It's ok if it embeds kdvi in the same window on lmb,
> and it's expected that kdvi itself is launched on mmb just as it does under
> KDE 3.0 and KDE 3.2.
>
> I've just tried, the same strange behaviour also takes places for pdfs so I
> conclude all parts are affected.
>
> Can some konqueror guru comment on this issue?

Does someone still have KDE-3.2 around? Did khtml do like 3.5, i.e.
khtml (part): urlSelected: complete URL:http://foo.bar/pages.pdf target=_blank
?

To konqueror this doesn't look like "open KPDF", it looks like "open this url in a new window",
obviously. The file manager setting for "open in extra window" isn't even used in this case
(yes it's mostly intended as a file manager setting, rather than a web setting...)