mmb on dvi-file opens it in new konqueror instance

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Wed Jun 14 19:54:55 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2006 10:07 schrieb David Faure:
> > Can some konqueror guru comment on this issue?
>
> Does someone still have KDE-3.2 around? Did khtml do like 3.5, i.e.
> khtml (part): urlSelected: complete URL:http://foo.bar/pages.pdf
> target=_blank ?

I do, but not at this location. I'll check during weekend.

> To konqueror this doesn't look like "open KPDF", it looks like "open this
> url in a new window", obviously. The file manager setting for "open in
> extra window" isn't even used in this case (yes it's mostly intended as a
> file manager setting, rather than a web setting...)

What I forgot to mention was that the documentation was installed locally, i.
e. the document containing the links to dvi and pdf files, *and* the dvis and
pdfs themselves. Afaik kio/konq can do some extra magic when involved files
are local, so maybe this was the difference.

I'll check that too during weekend.

mfg
	Leo