some comments on the konqy usability report

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Mon Jan 2 00:07:57 GMT 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 18:47, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 23:42, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > On Sunday 01 January 2006 15:09, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > -the functionality of the info list view should be merged into the
> > > other list views, makes one view less. I'd really like the text view
> > > and the detailed list view to stay. How about removing the tree view ?
> > > A combination of the navigation side bar and the detailed list view is
> > > very similar
> >
> > I think we could remove the Info List, Tree View, and Text View myself.
> > Or at least find a nice way to merge Detailed List and Text View.
>
> I have read the report yesterday, but I did not have the impression the
> tree view was so bad, in the test someone actually was happy with it,
> wasn't it so? I'll have to have a second look. But I tend to use often the
> tree view, and I would not be happy to see it go.

I just read the report a few hours ago after I wrote the email. (Great report,
btw!)

And yes, there was a report that the Tree List view was found useful by one of
the users being tested on Konqueror.

It's not a life or death issue for me one way or the other, although I do
wonder why it is better to have a Tree List mode rather than using the Tree
List that's normally already present in the sidebar?

Well, I suppose it would be useful when the sidebar is not being used, but it
still seems like a special case.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne