making fallback access keys configurable

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Feb 28 14:49:22 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 14:27, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 03:43, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >   I think the problem is rather the "hit Ctrl" than the "see accesskeys
> > popups" part and your patch doesn't fix that. Go to a page that actually
>
> this is another problem, yes. it's certainly related in that CTRL is so
> common to press, but i really don't want these fallbacks popping up at all
> and from the feedback i receive from most folks i'm not the only one =/
> if a website defines shortcuts, great! otherwise, keep them away.

 Oh, really? So this is only about the fallbacks? So you, or those most folks,
can actually name at least 3 sites that define accesskeys? I bet that if most
sites actually bothered to do that the problem would be exactly the same. And
there already is a config option for turning off accesskeys completely.

 And, as Coolo already said, the string freeze is active again, so changing
the shortcut now is not an option :-/.

> >  > in future i think it would make sense to add this into the
> >  > accessibility world of kde much as we do with slow keys, etc ....
> >
> >   But unlike slow keys and other things from the accessibility world this
> > is not accessibility-only feature just because it's called accesskeys.
> > It's
>
> accessibility features can be useful for more than the physically impaired.

 Right, but that's not what I wanted to say. Putting accesskeys next to slow
keys is like putting shortcuts there.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer