Kupu support in Konqueror?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Feb 14 17:00:56 GMT 2006

Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2006 00:17 schrieb Maks Orlovich:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 15:25, Leo Savernik wrote:
[...]
> > First of all, the bad news: I won't ever attempt to backport
> > contenteditable/designmode from WebCore to KDE 3.x.
>
> I am not sure why it's worth making the 3.x/4.0 distinctions, since the
> khtml trees are virtually identical. But so I've guess you concluded that
> using the Apple implementation would be time-efficient? It seems rather
> heavy-weight.

The problem with editors is they appear lightweight to the user. But they need
minutiate work under the hood to work as expected. Though I consider porting
contenteditable from WebCore much more difficult than when I backported it
first in the designmode_branch, it's still far less work than starting our
own things.

> > Second, I'm wary of committing any time to khtml development unless it's
> > sure that we don't ditch it for WebCore.
>
> I don't think anyone can be sure about that. However, at this point it
> looks unlikely, particularly given some highly tone-deaf recent mutilations
> done to the khtml/ksvg2 sources in the Apple fork. And, certainly, your
> involvement in KHTML development would make that option less attractive.

Being wary doesn't mean I refuse to contribute at any rate. So all hope isn't
lost :-)

mfg
	Leo