Konqueror Compatibility Team proposal

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Sat Aug 19 14:03:21 BST 2006

Am Saturday 19 August 2006 01:31, sprach Jesse Hannah:
> > while this might be a great idea, compatibility is also an issue of
> > standardization.

> I've already mentioned the Gmail/Google Calendar example.

http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/

Anybody willing to help with the testsuite?

Naturally I know that it is much more fun to see it working directly and hunt
to the next website that doesn't work. But IMHO the Web is simply too big to
resolve the issues only with the "make-site-work" approach. Sometimes, I
think it is even harmful for interoperability that browsers are so tolerant
concerning broken markup and scripting.

I don't want to discourage the creation of the group, I just wanted to point
you to another aspect that might be important and I think you got it.

Best,

Rigo