PATCH: webshortcuts

Chris Ritchey rethnor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:38:54 BST 2005

On 10/10/05, Germain Garand <germain at ebooksfrance.org> wrote:

> Le Dimanche 09 Octobre 2005 16:00, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> > Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > >Another argument for this change is that Firefox/Mozilla use a ' '
> > > delimiter when it allows to define your own shortcuts.
> > >
> > >Anyways, we have to drop the use of ':' at some point. Whether this
> > > happens in the 3.x lifetime or in KDE 4.0 does not matter to me...
> >
> > I'd say:
> > 1) make space available _now_ for all shortcuts
> >
> > 2) drop the colon in KDE 4
>

> On the other hand, the colon is a very efficient visual cue for separating
> the
> theme from the predicate (which itself will often contains spaces).
>
> So unless you introduce a similarly strong cue, I think this pretty much
> means
> killing the feature for new users, and making it awkward or difficult to
> setup for others.
>
> Germain

On the other hand you dn't have to type in any special characters with a
space, flows easier and is more intuitive, I accidentally did this in
firefox one day, I just typed in "ebay 6800GT" and it worked, fast and
simple. Just my random 2 cents from some one who is more of a user than a
developer (I'm watching the dev lists cause I'm interested in helping some
where)

--
Chris Ritchey

Despite the past
Thank the present
Pray for the future
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge"
-Proverbs 1:7