PATCH: webshortcuts

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Oct 10 13:44:41 BST 2005

Le Dimanche 09 Octobre 2005 16:00, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >Another argument for this change is that Firefox/Mozilla use a ' '
> > delimiter when it allows to define your own shortcuts.
> >
> >Anyways, we have to drop the use of ':' at some point. Whether this
> > happens in the 3.x lifetime or in KDE 4.0 does not matter to me...
>
> I'd say:
> 1) make space available _now_ for all shortcuts
>
> 2) drop the colon in KDE 4

On the other hand, the colon is a very efficient visual cue for separating the
theme from the predicate (which itself will often contains spaces).

So unless you introduce a similarly strong cue, I think this pretty much means
killing the feature for new users, and making it awkward or difficult to
setup for others.

Germain