PATCH: webshortcuts

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 9 07:11:19 BST 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 22:19, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> 2.) I want to change the default keyword delimiter from ':' to ' ' since
> ':' is a reserved delimiter. This change will not affect existing
> installation only new ones and it means to use web shortcuts on new
> installations you would have to type <shortcut> <query> instead of
> <shortcut>:<query> unless you change it in the config dialog.

does using ':' cause any real world problems or is this primarily an academic
correctness?

i ask because with this change we'll be inflicting the real world annoyance on
people of having to relearn how to use these shortcuts, having to determine
which version of KDE (and whether it was a new install or an upgrade) when
deciding whether to use ':' or ' '. not to mention how will we inform
existing users of this change.

so unless there is a real world reason to avoid ':' i'd suggest we stick with
it, academically inconvenient or not.

--
Aaron J. Seigo