Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 25 22:17:18 GMT 2005

Dne pátek 25 listopad 2005 07:01 Aaron J. Seigo napsal(a):
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 11:12, George Staikos wrote:
> > > That woul not work with MacOS-style menus. It's just eye candy, and its
> > > feedback can be provided in the status bar anyway, but... probably
> > > users expect to have it visible.

 Why in the menubar though? It's a menubar, not put-your-fancy-stuff-here.

> >   True.  Those macos style menus are a pain.  I forgot they even exist.

 Pain? Why?

> i'm so tempted to just get rid of them.

 You'll have to pry it from my dead cold hands. Or have a good reason for
dropping it, that should be about as difficult.

> they are such a friggin' hack, so buggy, many apps don't work with it ... i
> tire with the problems it brings

 I'm not aware of any serious problems with it, but if there are any
bugreports for it, feel free to reassign them to me. Of course, unless the
real problem is it breaks Kicker's hacks.

> and really don't believe there is any benefit whatsoever to them in this day
> and age.

 You should try to use them for a while (and that's not a week).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org