Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Fri Nov 25 14:41:31 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 19:12, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 12:49, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 November 2005 17:12, George Staikos wrote:
> > > Here's a first-attempt mock-up at the Konqueror 4 web browser UI.  I'm
> > > sure there is lots of work to be done, but the key points:
> > >
> > > 1) URL bar is now permanent and unremovable
> > > 2) Statusbar is permanent and unremovable
> >
> > Hi George, I have read about your proposal on the dot already.
> > I think it's good to always have the location bar and the status bar
> > displayed; but why cannot it be a toolbar anyway?
> >
> > I'm used to have it at the bottom of the window, and I'd hate to lose
> > that ability.
> >
> > But I like the throbber and the history in the same tollbar as the
> > location.
>
>   I need to think about this some more.  The goal is to make the UI very
> consistent and this goes against it.

As I see people got different tastes on the url bar location.I too would
prefer if one could at least move the url bar just like toolbars.

Doesn't it go against the general rule, anyway, to have a toolbar below stuff,
rather than on top? I really prefer the current way... toolbars on top, url
below.