Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 09:02:43 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 07:01, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >   True.  Those macos style menus are a pain.  I forgot they even exist.
>
> i'm so tempted to just get rid of them. they are such a friggin' hack, so
> buggy, many apps don't work with it ... i tire with the problems it brings
> and really don't believe there is any benefit whatsoever to them in this
> day and age.

Since Qt has an OS X version and OS X still has them natively I'd say that
there must be some support for them in libqt. That, plus the fact that we
have to consider the OS X case anyway because of upcoming KDE ports, so I'm
not sure if neglecting this features is a good idea.

Personally I wouldn't mind to see it removed from KDE/X11, but given the above
I'm a bit curious why they are still such a big hack. In the Qt 2 times,
perhaps, but since Qt supports Mac, why?

--
Martijn