Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 06:01:13 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 11:12, George Staikos wrote:
>   I need to think about this some more.  The goal is to make the UI very
> consistent and this goes against it.

consistent with ... IE7? honestly, i think the throbber in the menubar is a
bit far.

i also think the forward/back buttons look beyond ugly where they are in the
screenshot. it forces the user to separate the navigation into "common
navigation" (as defined by us) and "less common" and move their mouse into
very different places. if we do go this route (i'm unconvinced) we should at
a minimum:

 - make the back/forward buttons look less like regular toolbar buttons so as
not to confuse with why they are there and the other buttons are elsewhere
 - get vertical alignment correct. the left edge of buttons on each row should
align

> > That woul not work with MacOS-style menus. It's just eye candy, and its
> > feedback can be provided in the status bar anyway, but... probably users
> > expect to have it visible.
>
>   True.  Those macos style menus are a pain.  I forgot they even exist.

i'm so tempted to just get rid of them. they are such a friggin' hack, so
buggy, many apps don't work with it ... i tire with the problems it brings
and really don't believe there is any benefit whatsoever to them in this day
and age.

--
Aaron J. Seigo