Question on HTTP-Identity chatter

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Fri Nov 4 16:21:32 GMT 2005

Dear all,

for some EU - Project on identity management I have to find an answer to
the following question:

Konqueror can have different tabs and windows. Konqueror also allows me
to set the user agent HTTP-string (browser chatter) to some other value
for selected sites. I assume that all the windows/tabs are following
the same preferences (set in the settings dialog)

For the Project in question, it is now important to know whether it
would be possible to handle multiple identities. Would it be possible
to have a window1 identifying to site example.com identifying as konq
while having a second window to example.com identifying as opera (only
as example)? Or use cookie1 on window1 and only cookie2 on window2? I
know that this is not possible today, but is there an architectural
barrier to it? (E.g. shared memory management etc)

Thanks for any answer

Best,

Rigo