Fwd: Konqueror Java

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Wed May 18 18:20:19 BST 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:28:23AM +0200, Stephan Binner wrote:
> Does someone knowingly wants to update these pages?

I could give it a try (always wanted to visit Indonesia one day).
Strangely enough, saving from kate to
http://konqueror.kde.org/javahowto/index.php doesn't work (no error
reported though, simply lost my changes). Do I need to checkout/update
something first?

Koos

> Subject: Konqueror Java
> Date: Monday 14 March 2005 21:26
> From: Rob Bechard <rabechard at accesscomm.ca>
> To: webmaster at konqueror.org
>
> In regards to the following link:
>
> http://konqueror.kde.org/javahowto/
>
> I noticed that the information is a bit dated. It refers to Sun java
> 1.3, but according to Sun's website that version is no longer available
> and the newest version is 1.5.
>
> I also found IBM's java website to be confusing and could not even find
> the blackdown version that was referred to.
>
> Anyways, I am wondering if you could tell me which current versions of
> java are supported so that I can one of them to download and configure
> it. Sun's version of 1.5 does not work.

That is not true, all version > 1.2 should work. Recommended are the
latest ones (1.4.2x or 1.5)