Fwd: Konqueror Java

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue May 31 22:50:48 BST 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 07:20:19PM +0200, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:28:23AM +0200, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > Does someone knowingly wants to update these pages?
>
> I could give it a try (always wanted to visit Indonesia one day).
> Strangely enough, saving from kate to
> http://konqueror.kde.org/javahowto/index.php doesn't work (no error
> reported though, simply lost my changes). Do I need to checkout/update
> something first?

Ok, sorry for asking. Anyway, this page is not that wrong. If someone
who  does have write access could just say that all jvm's from 1.2 up to the
latets 1.5 is supported and that setup for jsse is only needed for jvm's
< 1.4.
There is also hope for the latest kaffe releases. Last time I checked,
I did had to set the jvm version manually (-Djava.version=1.3) but that
should be fixed by now. Also there is a problem with their security
manager (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=308745)