Problem with Konqueror and password fields

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Fri Jan 28 15:07:44 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using KDE 3.3.0-29.2 which comes with SuSE 9.2.  To manage my company's
LDAP server I use a php frontend called phpLDAPAdmin.  Somehow my wallet
started to remember some form data in this website which it should not
remember (Things that are unique per user, etc).  So I cleaned out every
mention of that websites in the wallet.

Now it ha forgotten all the form data it was supposed to forget.  However
there is a field for userPassword, and it is filled with *******************
for the length of the passsword, and the hashed password is above in an
uneditable field.  Now when I view the form, the **************** are cleared
out.  So if I change something in the entry and save it, then the LDAP server
thinks I am clearing out the password.

I have verified that the problem is in konqueror only, by viewing the same
site with Firefox with no problems.

Please help me to solve the problem.  Please note that I am not subscribed to
this list.

Thanks,
Misty