Question about how Konqueror works

John Tapsell john at geola.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 14:01:36 GMT 2005

First, a quick point about the nomenclature..
Konqueror is a very basic shell that does very little. It embeds kparts such
as khtml (kdelibs/khtml) for rendering html, and konq_iconview
(kdebase/konqueror/iconview) for showing the directories which inherits from
KonqDirPart (kdebase/libkonq/konq_dirpart.h)

The code you want to look at is the latter one.  This uses KFileItem's which I
think is the equivalent of item-id's.  Look at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kio/html/classKFileItem.html

In particular you can see the collaboration diagram for it.

JohnFlux