MMB on Back/Forward/Up/Home Toolbar and Go menu

Daniel Teske teske at squorn.de
Fri Jan 14 19:49:21 GMT 2005

> > +void KonqMainWindow::openFilteredURL( const QString & _url, const
> KonqOpenURLRequest _req)
>
> should be "const KonqOpenURLRequest &_req"
> (note the &).

Okay, I missed that.

> >  {
> [...]
> > +    req.newTabInFront = config->readBoolEntry( "NewTabsInFront", false )
> xor bool(state & Qt::ShiftButton);
>
> Please don't use C99 features in C++. Use ^ instead of xor. Please fix all
> occurrances.

xor is Standard C++. (Stroustrup "The C++ Programming Language", albeit
in the chapter about trigraphs.)
C adds it in C99 for increased compability with Standard C++.
I changed that to the version used everywhere else:
if( state & Qt:ShiftButton )
	newTabInFront = !newTabInFront;

I also removed the KonqMainWindow::setCurrentView() function from the
patch, which I don't need anymore.

> Now that we have David's OK and coolo's blessing, your fixed patch should go
> in soon.
Well, I've reviewed my code today, and I'm reasonable sure that it won't
break anything, so yes I would like to see this included.

> Hmm, don't consistency fixes count towards bugs, and not towards wishes?
On the topic of consistency, one thing, which I already mentioned in a earlier mail:
The history isn't copied for new tabs/windows openend from the Up/Home actions. This mirrows the behaviour for opening new Tabs/new Windows from links.
The back/forward are inconsistent in that they copy the history into the new view. I think this is a feature.

daniel