toolbars removus

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Feb 15 14:13:45 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 19:15, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> happy friday everyone...
>
> for 3.4, can the following icons be removed from konqueror's default toolbars:
>
> File Management: cut, copy, paste, print, zooming
> Web Browsing: cut, copy, paste, find, security

I'm OK with removing cut/copy/paste from the toolbar, that's easy and indeed
everyone I know uses either the keyboard shortcuts or the Edit menu.

George is against the removal of the security icon, let's postpone that.
I'm against the removal of zooming in file management - this must be
*the* toolbar icons I use personally, I can't believe I'm the only one.

I'm also not convinced about the idea of making the toolbar icons per-profile,
given that this hasn't been much tested yet, AFAIK. And given that we have
no guarantee that the right profile is used at the right time (what if I go to $HOME
after viewing a webpage?). And that there are more profiles than those two. etc.
It would also make the toolbar flicker more when switching between a
file-management tab and a webbrowsing tab.

Anyway, to move forward, let's deal with the cut/copy/paste buttons:
is it still time to remove them for KDE-3.4?

Given that it invalidates any documentation screenshot, I'm not sure...
(cc'ing documentation writer)